About Me

My photo
Hello, I'm a wife, mother, and an entrepreneur. My family and I recently moved to Jersey City from Florida. I will share with you the lifestyles of the Robinson's from changing diapers, to cooking, to getting my business off the ground, and our adventures of exploring the northeast.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Time for Me

When our family moved to New Jersey from Florida in October of last year, my husband and I knew that this would be a challenge for us because we are in a new city without family or friends. I knew that I would have to get out of my comfort zone and learn a whole new world and find activities for my son and I to get involved in.  So, I decided to join a local moms' group to allow Brandon to participate in play dates and to develop his social skills. This group has been a lifesaver because we are always out and about doing something and learning Jersey City. However, I realized after reading YUMMommy post here that I have really been neglecting myself by only focusing on getting Brandon involved. I love being with my son and watching him grow and explore the world, but I have to remember about ME. 

Through the local moms’ group I learned about The JerseyBeans, which is a home-based drop-in center. I enrolled Brandon over the winter session to allow me time to clean up around the house, grocery shop, and attending medical appointments. However, I realized that I was still neglecting ME. So, I decided to enroll Brandon for the spring session where he will attend two days a week for three hours and I made the decision to take full advantage of doing something for Me….like working out, having a much needed mani/pedi, massage, or going to the movie theater alone.

As a stay at home mom I think we all need to find ways to focus on ourselves and not lose our identity. How do you find time for yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment